Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sobering Party

My party went off without a hitch on Saturday night! There were 5 unique chilies and plenty of laughs for all; however, there was a markedly different mood than previous years because of the economy. We have not been exempt from the economic crisis that has hit the entire nation and our boss has had to make several "tough decisions." I have been working in overdrive all winter and, for now, my job is safe. I am very thankful and it is going to be hard to say good-bye to some good friends.

Sunday was full of grading and writing extensive comments for all 60 students I teach. It was a beautiful day and I even got outside for some exercise. I went over to dinner at a friend's house. The most sobering thing happened on Monday morning when I woke up with the stomach flu. I hate the stomach flu more than anything! I had not had it in several years. I had my first food on Tuesday night.

Have fun at the Lilly/ Martha event! That show is fun... my uncle was on it last year at this time.

No comments: