Wow, 2008 was quite a year. Just a few things that happened...
- skied a lot over the winter, here on Wednesdays and a trip here
- got my heart broken right before Valentine's Day
- threw a Chili Party at my apartment for the entire faculty/ staff
- went to take a course towards my Master's degree in Alabama about Civil Rights- a fascinating experience
- coached the lacrosse team to win the league championships for the first time ever
- helped my mother get through an illness and then surgery
- took three grad classes over the summer and finished all my coursework
- started my thesis
- moved and decorated a new classroom
- coached field hockey again
- went on a first date with Consultant Boy in September and we have been seeing each other ever since
- bought my first pair of brand new skis and boots
- celebrated the holidays with family and friends
What do I hope to do in 2009?
- Finish the Master's degree
- Continue to stay in shape and eat healthy meals
- Develop my relationship with Consultant Boy
- Learn how to minimize stress/ people pleasing
- Slowly start to update things in my life- for example, I just bought a new sheet set/ duvet/ comforter because the one I had was a $30 bed in bag from Filenes...
- Take some trips- Tahoe is on the radar for March and somewhere in the summer...
My New Year's was good... I had appetizers at a neighbors house, then dinner at my boss's house, and then went to another neighbor's for dessert. It is called a Progressive Dinner Party. It was nice not to have to drive. I usually have the dinner at my house, but this year I was getting back from Maine too late. I was over the moon when I saw that Consultant Boy had gotten up at 6AM to call me from Barcelona, where he is on vacation. Ah... I want to see him soon!
Here's to 2009!