Saturday, October 4, 2008

My "disease"

I made it back to CT after proctoring the SATs and unexpectedly ran into a good friend from graduate school at a football game. The foliage is so beautiful and it was the perfect fall day. It was exciting to find out that my childhood next door neighbor just proposed to his college girlfriend and is getting married in June. Of course, this started the peppering of questions--serious boyfriend? Why are you not married? Oh, a twenty-six year old singleton with a look of sadness on their face as if I was sick... One family friend did mention a guy that was about my age that she wanted to try to set me up with... In case people are wondering about the waiting game, he has e-mailed to say that he does not want to call after 9 because he thinks it is impolite and he wants to see me again...I am not sure what to make of this.

5 comments:

Liz said...

People are so dumb!

Hopsy said...

I was never allowed to call anyone after nine was I was little, however I will admit I do not follow that rulle now-a-days.

lepetitprep said...

Of course, when I was little, I never called people after 9. Also, as a rule, I don't usually call colleagues or people older than me after 9, but, friends I usually call a bit later, especially all my friends in California! Oh, and he called today :-), but I missed it :-(.

Miss Madras said...

The 9 o'clock rule applied to me throughout HS. I liked the rule enough to carry it over to life on my own. I laugh now because my Mom sees nothing wrong with calling me after 9 to chat. Oh well....

Eco-Prep said...

Haha, I too have that disease. Going home for holidays is always an adventure in avoiding the "when are you getting married?" question. Glad to know I'm not alone in the suffering :) Also, there is a surprise for you on my blog!