- I use reusable bags for groceries (some people think I am crazy when they ask: paper or plastic? and I start packing my LL Bean Tote or Trader Joe's bag)
- I turn off the lights in rooms at home I am not using and make sure the girls do the same.
- Honda Civic- excellent gas mileage and I do not have a commute to work.
- I take public transportation when I go to NYC.
- I drink water in Nalgene bottles.
- I recycle my cans, bottles, paper, and plastic containers.
- I always make double sided copies.
- My laptop uses less energy than a desktop.
- I am going to lead the Green Cup Challenge at my school next year.
- I print out way too much paper for my students.
- I take hot showers with a non low flow shower head.
- I need to change my light bulbs to compact fluorescent ones.
- I drive 15 minutes to the best gym around my home.
- I do not shop for local produce (farmer's markets are too far away).
So, I still have some things to work on. Happy Earth Day!